Monday, November 25, 2013

Please comment / An index to autism memoirs

Comments feature

When I began this blog, I didn't know what the experience of it would be like. I didn't know how vulnerable I would feel about the things that I would share, so I didn't turn comments on. Well, it turns out that I love writing the blog! I have had a lot of supportive feedback about my posts, but I still feel as if I am writing into a void. So, I have enabled the commenting feature. I would love to hear from you, whether it is in response to something I have written or if there is something you would like me to write about. 

A question

One of my identities outside of being an autism mom is that of book indexer. I read nonfiction books that are about to be published and create the indexes that appear at the back of the book. It often frustrates me that memoirs do not typically include indexes. You may have noticed that I am a little obsessed with the first-person narratives of non-verbal autistic people such as The Reason I Jump, Ido in Autismland, and Carly's Voice right now. 

If I wrote a combined index for these books, would you be interested in using it? Please let me know in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

For those of you who know me, please help me to protect the privacy of my family by refraining from mentioning us by name.

To everyone, I welcome your comments. I am interested in hearing different opinions, but please be respectful to me and others who may comment.

Many thanks,

Amelia