Monday, July 14, 2014

The Mating Call of the Lawnmowers and Leafblowers

I wake up in Klailklop's childhood home,
sun shining through the window,
Singularity wrapped around me --
he couldn't sleep alone in this unremembered place.
I hear the songbirds,
until I can't.
Their warblings have been eclipsed
by the mating call
of the lawnmowers and leafblowers.
What is it about these damn suburbs?
People surrounded by lawns, flowerbeds, woods,
not taxis and towers,
enjoying the quiet of nature.

Lexington, Massachusetts
June 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

For those of you who know me, please help me to protect the privacy of my family by refraining from mentioning us by name.

To everyone, I welcome your comments. I am interested in hearing different opinions, but please be respectful to me and others who may comment.

Many thanks,

Amelia