Saturday, April 12, 2014

Playing Together

This has been an amazing week. This picture pretty much says it all: 




That's Klailklop and Singularity playing chess. Together. Maintaining joint attention for a long-ish period of time.

Last year, all third graders at Singularity's school received instruction in chess. I was never able to get Singularity to play with me, so I never knew if he had learned or not. Now we know! 

And the thing that hooked him into it was the Super Mario chess set that we got last weekend. The power of the special interest strikes again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

For those of you who know me, please help me to protect the privacy of my family by refraining from mentioning us by name.

To everyone, I welcome your comments. I am interested in hearing different opinions, but please be respectful to me and others who may comment.

Many thanks,

Amelia